January The Beginning

January The Beginning


Originally written in January 2018.
One of the biggest problem people have is just not keeping their resolutions.  We make them with the best intentions, and then we don't keep them.  I have used plenty of methods in the past, but like most people, I lack the discipline and motivation to keep it all going.

You can see from my blog history that I start the blog and all but drop it until the same time the next year.  I love some of my programs, and I am devoted to sharing them with you. I am excited that we have our facebook group. It is if I have an accountability partner that I can bounce off of. I welcome you as well to bounce your accomplishments and trials back off on us as well!

I will share some of my programs with you on this blog page. Hopefully, you will find the tips helpful.  I do not claim credit for the programs, I borrow them from others to see what works.

One of the biggest tips anyone can follow is to keep your body moving.  Start slow this New Year and build on it.  Did you know that if you set your phone timer for 5 minutes and walk at a quick pace, you will have walked 1/4 mile before your time is up?  Did you know that if you drink water on a regular basis that your skin will gain elasticity and look younger and healthier?

Exercise makes your skin glow!

We are not all walkers. We are not all runners. We do not all have gym memberships.  I know I don't have time to visit the gym. So how do we do it?  Where do we start?

We start small, and we build.  It was too cold this weekend to walk outside, but the kids love to ice skate. We go once a year around Christmas, and we have a blast. Two hours of honest ice skating is better than two hours in front of the bowl games...eating junk, sleeping, and drinking calories.

Will we starve ourselves?  No! Will we count calories? Maybe, but we don't have to. It depends on how much you want to lose and how fast.  What is your goal?  My goal is not to shed pounds, but I would like to see me drop at least 10.  My goal is to feel good naked...for me!
~~~ January 2018

Comments