Alabama Clay on a Rainy Day

You ever seen Alabama clay after it rains?  Mud so red that you can't wash that stuff out of your clothes.  And if you ever get a tire stuck in it, you are a goner for sure.  The stuff is evil, unless you are making rabbit figurines with it.

Wood Haven 2020
Sometimes I feel as if that is me. One year and almost two months from moving to Wood Haven, I feel as if I haven't accomplished much.  Only got grass seed planted in the last two months. Still track in mud every time it rains. No pool yet, but a bunch of pool parts in the yard. Just did get a lawnmower and still have to buy new blades. Welcome to the life of a homeowner, right? Always tracking in that blasted mud.

Wanted to say that I have a routine established. Not so much. I just barely make it through each day, but I am trying.  After the horse wreck last summer, and the strict diet over Christmas, I had a hard time finding normal.  The diet was great for me. I didn't really lose any weight, but I felt so much healthier. After the concussion, I had a horrible time getting my routine straight, and finally, after a year, I am getting there mentally.

One of my biggest struggles is finding the alone time.  While my girlfriends are swiping left and right over pictures of men who are hat-fishing, I am just trying to find some time to myself.  A date here and there, a live-in illegal alien, a long-time friend who refuses to admit we are a fit, and an old friend who says he likes me but is only able to commit to other women, a few old flames that want to rekindle...and I just can't seem to have any peace and quiet.

I have picked up a few books, and I enjoy reading them.  Maybe Chuck * is right.  Maybe I would be happy tucked away in my little thatched roof cottage in Ireland with my book and my peat fire, oh and my tabby cat in my lap.  One of said books I am reading is Resisting Happiness. I have never finished it, but I have started it twice now.  Life is full of moments to make a choice, like do I choose to hit the snooze button, or do I choose to get up and start my day? To hit the button is to resist, and thus have the whole day potentially go up in flames.  To get up and start the day is to get the bed made or to remember your lunch on the way out the door.

I am part of some wellness plans also.  Feel Good Naked, Sculpt Nation. Fly Lady.

I'm reading about the rise, and potential fall, of the Catholic Church. The pictorial history and the infiltration of the Church are subjects that have my interest peaked.  All the while, I am working on my on self-help by reading from the story of mercy from Sister Faustina.

I have discovered that Mexican food can be extremely healthy, that alcohol and chocolate are not my friends, that I still look pregnant for one week out of each month, and that diet and exercise don't seem to get me anywhere.

My plan is to discuss all these things and more, but not tonight.  My goal each night is to make it to sleep by 10pm.  First step to fighting resistance: a good night's sleep. Chuck even called, so I can go to sleep not worried about how alone I don't feel.


Comments