A new day is already here

I'm all about weight loss. You can find me talking about some of my favorite non-fad routines that I will try and quit from time to time. Busy life-style gets me every time. I was having some digestive issues there for a while and was desperate to lose some weight, so I scheduled myself a colonoscopy. Right before Christmas.

What was I thinking?  10 lost pounds already down from the cleansing the day before and I come to find out that Christmas is going to be a complete challenge for me. Thanks to my family history of digestive issues and my stress level over the last year, I have two ulcers, a couple of polyps (which appear at first glance to be benign) and some acid re-flux, which I didn't even know about.

The dietary regimen is so strict I am going to have to enlist my dietitian friend at Saint Francis in Columbus.  All of my absolute favorites are barred from the list...anything I can think of...and almost everything in my kitchen.  I am just eating soup for now until I get to meet with Katherine and get the hang of what I can eat...I sense a new journal coming soon.

Apparently, I will begin 5k training before the first of the year.  I don't even know where to start, but I know that carving time out for my physical health is an absolute MUST.  I once saw a picture of a very RIPPED Mark Wahlberg. He gave props to going without wine for several days to achieve the look he had. Wine is on the trash list, so I am already a step in the right direction.


Comments